Schools Without Lice
LICE CLINICS AUSTRALIA’S NATIONAL EDUCATOR PARTNERSHIP
Help us kick head lice out of school!
Now school nurses and teachers can be protected from lice for FREE. Introducing Lice Clinics Australia’s ‘Schools Without Lice,’ a program that provides school nurses, teachers and schools with valuable FREE RESOURCES.
When you partner with Lice Clinics Australia at your school, we will provide school nurses and teachers with FREE lice screenings and FREE lice treatments! You’ll also receive FREE posters, handouts and other educational materials to help you keep your students, parents and staff informed and lice free!
Don’t let anyone in your school panic when they first find lice. Be prepared when students and parents look to you for answers.
We are the #1 most trusted and effective lice clinic treatment in the world.
Our patented, revolutionary heated-air kills lice, super lice and 99.2% of eggs in a single treatment.
We offer educational resources to provide information to parents to help prevent lice.
Lice Clinics Australia is the leading urgent lice care clinic network in the world. We have powerful lice prevention, detection and treatment expertise, having successfully treated over 500,000 people worldwide.
We’re excited to share all you need to know about preventing and quickly ending any lice infestation.
Our certified technicians will quickly and successfully treat anyone four years and older with our clinically-tested, FDA-cleared, precision-controlled heated air solution. It’s guaranteed to cure lice, super lice,
and lice eggs in a single one-hour treatment.
JOIN US! Together we can keep you and your school lice free.
FROM OUR MEDICAL DIRECTOR
“I’m delighted to invite you to participate in our Schools Without Lice program where you will receive the following:
- FREE easy-to-implement, education resources for your school
- FREE lice screening for teachers and nurses
- FREE lice treatments for teachers and nurses
Your treatment will be with our patented, clinically-tested, heated-air technology, guaranteed to cure lice in one treatment.
Our mission is to ensure every school in Australia stays lice free, and we’d love to work with you to achieve that goal.”
Dr. Krista Lauer, M.D.
Facts of Lice
- 1. Head lice do not fly, jump, or swim.
- 2. Head lice infestations happen with direct head-to-head contact. It is extremely rare to get head lice any other way. Less than 2% of head lice comes from the environment
- 3. An adult female louse can lay over 100 eggs in her lifetime which, on average, is 30 days.
- 4. Head lice only live on the human head; not your pets, body or stuffed toys.
- 5. A head lice infestation is not an indication of poor hygiene. Having clean hair or dirty hair doesn’t influence if you get lice, it’s just bad luck!
- 6. Once one person in a household gets lice, there is a significant chance that someone else will become infested.
- 7. Head lice are not dangerous! They do not carry or spread any diseases. They are just a nuisance.
IN YOUR HOME!
Before you run for cleaning products, here are some things you need to know. Head lice infestations almost always occur through direct head-to-head contact, but there is a miniscule chance that you could be exposed from a pillowcase.
IT’S NOTHING TO DREAD,
LICE ONLY LOVE YOUR HEAD
You don’t have to worry about delousing any other parts of your
home. Scientific studies have shown it is extremely rare for lice to be on carpets, furniture, brushes or combs. Even if they were, they would be nearly incapable of getting back on a head.
That said, if it gives you more peace of mind, you can always vacuum and/or use a sticky lint roller on sofas, chairs and carpets. You can place combs, hairbrushes and ponytail holders in a plastic baggie and leave them in the freezer overnight. This is not necessary, but it’s easy to do if it makes you feel better.
Head lice do not live on stuffed toys or your pets. No need to put toys in a bag in the garage for weeks, and you don’t need to wrestle your pets into the bathtub. There is no need to use any bug bombs or sprays that claim to kill lice on your pets, or in your home. They are not necessary and many are toxic and ineffective.